Saturday, March 13, 2010

News from the hip-hop world


DMX Arrested: Battling addiction

Unfortunately for an MC that used to be at the top of the rap world, DMX has fallen, and fallen hard. Already on probation, DMX was arrested on March 9th for using illegal drugs that violated his terms of probation. Reportedly, the MC was found to be using cocaine and is now in the Maricopa County Jail until he can be released on March 16th by bond. Things don't look good for DMX as the sheriff who arrested the MC hailing from Yonkers, said "I think it's about time to give hard time."
It's a shame to hear that DMX, real name Earl Simmons, continues to struggle with drug problems. Back in 2004, Simmons was arrested for cocaine possession and attempting to hijack a vehicle, claiming that he was a federal agent. He violated his parole in 2007 for using drugs and had another incident in 2009 when he was arrested for giving a false name and social security number to a hospital to help pay for medical expenses.
A career comeback looks bleak for Simmons, as he already is 39 years old and could be facing some serious jail time.


Apparently T-Pain was a little offended when Jay-Z released his hit single "D.O.A. (Death of the Autotune). So T-Pain decided to insult Jigga at a show in Las Vegas saying "Fuck Jay-Z, he's old" according to Fabulous. Recently however, the two were able to resolve the feud at the Grammy's when T-Pain apologized for taking "D.O.A." the wrong way.
It's a good thing too that T-Pain apologized because he's an idiot for starting this in the first place. Let me remind you T-Pain that:

- Jay-Z has 11 #1 albums, you have 1.
- Jay-Z is worth $150 million, you aren't.
- Jay-Z released "Reasonable Doubt" which is considered one of the greatest hip-hop albums of all time, you released "Epiphany" which was last found in all dumpsters across the country.
- Jay-Z actually raps, you don't.

That list could get much longer, but you always have idiots in the world, and it's not worth spending too much time ridiculing them.


With the MC who's been crowned King of the ATL approaching the end of his prison sentence, the MC recently spoke about what he plans to do.

"Middle of April, beginning of May. Y'all gonna start seeing me. Y'all already know, once again it's on. Like we always do this time,” in a conference call with MTV.

T.I. has already released a new single, "I'm Back", from his upcoming album, and it's got a good feel to it. T.I., real name Clifford Harris, sounds hungry and the production end of the track doesn't sound like a typical T.I. track. Hopefully he can follow up his successful "Paper Trail", which was possibly his best album to date, with another gem. After all, it's hard not to like an MC like T.I. when he reportedly said this:

"As long as there is air in my esophagus, champ, I'mma keep going," said T.I. towards the end of his conference call. "Nothing is gonna stop that. Nothing short of a 12 gauge is gonna stop me from doing what I do, champ. I just wanna say thank y'all and we gonna keep movin' on."

As long as I have headphones, I know I will be listening Mr. Harris.

No comments:

Post a Comment